"Mısır Çarşısı" in Turkish (Mısır= Egypt in Turkish, hinting at the spices coming via Egypt) was built in 1664, as part of the Yeni Camii complex. One of those spices must have been "coffee", and according to Ottoman records, first coffee house of Europe must have been opened right next to the Spice Bazaar.
Until recently, this was the main market where locals bought their spices and dried fruits. There are still very good spice and coffee shops in and around the market.
Open everyday, between 08:00 and 19:00
Click For Direction